Sunday 2 October 2011

Glam Eyes HD Eyeshadow Quads by Rimmel

Rimmel used to be my favourite make-up brand when I was a teenager but now pretty much the only product of theirs that I buy regularly is mascara.  They are pretty good at bringing out new products very regularly and I do get suckered into mascara hype pretty easily.  Anyway I hadn’t bought any eyeshadow by Rimmel for years but their new Glam Eyes HD eyeshadow quads were just so cute and eye-catching that I had to pick up a couple.  They come in a Union Jack design with the Rimmel crown logo stamped in the centre.

IMG_2519

Glam Eyes HD Quad eyeshadow, rrp £6.99

IMG_2527

left: Green Park

right: Purple Reign

IMG_2535

IMG_2531

IMG_2536

These cost £6.99 each which I don’t think is particularly cheap for 2.5g of shadow, but I got them on a 3-for-2 offer and got myself a new mascara as well (had to be done!) which I’ll feature in a different post.  The palettes come with a double ended sponge tip applicator and the back features a guide to how to wear the shadows.  It’s not how I’ll be wearing them but still, maybe useful for some inspiration?  I know many people aren’t fans of this kind of sponge tipped applicator, but I have no complaints about the quality of these as they are perfectly useable and you really will need either them or a small brush to pick up the shadows from this palette as the three non-main shades are contained within such small areas due to the Union Jack design.  I did try to swatch them with my fingertips but it was quite difficult to pick up the colours separately that way.

IMG_2541

Above: Green Park swatched

I was pleasantly surprised by the texture of the shadows at first as they seemed much creamier and silkier than the Rimmel eyeshadows I remembered from my teenage years, but I do think they might be just a tiny bit too soft as my green palette crumbled quite badly as I attempted to do some swatches.

IMG_2546

Poor eyeshadow :(

I did manage to swatch Puple Reign with a slightly lighter hand though so it didn’t suffer so much.

IMG_2550

IMG_2561

Above: Purple Reign after swatching

The colours are beautiful, but it can be a bit tricky to get to them.  All the shades are very shimmery and I think the colour schemes are perfect for autumn.  Green Park makes me think of Robin Hood films and the navy and lilac of Purple Reign are particularly stunning so the colours are a definite hit with me, but I doubt I’ll be buying any more due to the texture.  If you’re looking for a fun addition to your make-up for autumn though these could be worth a look - they will definitely add a quirky twist to any dressing table or make-up bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment